Hello Lovelies! Happy Mid week!
The whole of last two months I have been posting a lot of outfits and thought it would be a great to do a tag post to break the monotony. I bumped across this really interesting beauty tag in Wea’s Beauty Blog and loved the questions. My posts are usually based on fashion and beauty posts are pretty rare. Thus answering 40 Beauty Questions would be wonderful to give you a glimpse of my beauty regime.
Read on :)
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Several times during summer as I live in a very hot and humid place, and 2 times a day during winter.
2. What skin type do you have?
I have a combination skin. It gets very oily and sometimes acne prone in hot and humid months and stays normal to dry in winters.
3. What is your current facial wash?
I love Neutrogena products and am currently using Oil-free acne wash from Neutrogena that really suits my skin.
4. Do you exfoliate?
I exfoliate 2-3 times a week.
5. What brand do you use?
Again Neutrogena! I use Blackhead eliminating daily scrub from Neutrogena though I don’t have blackheads :)
6. What moisturizer do you use?
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for combination skin
7. Do you have freckles?
Very few but they are hardly noticeable! :)
8. Do you use eye cream?
Yes, I use a Neutrogena Eye cream regularly every-night
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I do have a acne prone skin but I use a lot of care to keep it acne free. Good diet, proper sleep and right skincare really helps keeping acne at bay.
10. Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
I have never used Pro-Active so far
11. What foundation do you use?
I got the perfect shade in Revlon Photo ready and have been sticking to it for more than 2 years now.
12. How about concealer?
My Concealer is from Revlon Photo ready again which is complimentary to my foundation shade.
13. Do you know your undertone color?
I think its yellowish!! Not sure!! :P
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I think they look great but unfortunately I haven’t perfected the art of using them without looking tacky!
15. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I don’t use Mascara regularly so they can last me a lifetime. But I change them every year. I think 3 months is way too early! :)
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
Currently using The Body Shop but considering other brands as well. Suggestions welcome! :)
17. Sephora or MAC?
MAC. Haven’t used Sephora yet.
18. Do you have a MAC Pro-Card?
No. Though I love the brand, I haven’t yet brought anything from MAC, so don’t have any cards.
19. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
Make up brushes and puff to dust on compact powder.
20. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I have a The Body Shop primer that I use all over my face including the eye area. Foundation over primer works well too.
21. For the face?
The same The Body Shop primer on my face too.
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color/shade)?
Its a difficult question because I keep changing my eye shadow very often and I have a lot of favorites. Some favorites are gold, copper and black shades.
23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use both. The pencil eyeliner is mostly for quick applications on the go.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I am pretty careful with eye make up application, so such accidents have luckily never happened to me.
25. Do you use mineral makeup?
I have heard a lot about them but haven’t really tried any myself. Would love to try some in the near future though.
26. What is your favorite lipstick?
Currently loving Rum Sheen from Revlon which is great for everyday use.
27. How about lip gloss?
I don’t use lip gloss. Instead Maybelline Babylips lip balm is my favorite whenever I want to skip Lipstick. I even use it under my regular lip colors. It helps moisturize the lips and acts as a good base for lipsticks.
28. What is your favorite blush to use?
My current favorite brands are Colorbar and an Indian brand called Lakme.
29. Do you buy makeup on eBay?
Never. I love to try on make up before buying them, so I never shop make-up products online.
30. Do you like drugstore makeup?
I mostly buy nail colors from drugstores.
31. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I do check online tutorials on make-up but have never considered taking classes for it.
32. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No I am not. I am quite sure about what looks good on me and can apply them well :)
33. Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Patchy foundation and foundation that does not match the skin tone. It looks ghastly!
34. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I experiment with both. It depends on the occasion. However, I never use nude lip colors, they don’t suit my skin tone.
35. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Emma Watson always looks flawless in make-up.
36. If you could leave the house using ONE makeup item, what would you use?
A pencil eyeliner.
37. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes I definitely can! :)
38. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I definitely look better in make-up. Everybody does! But I do have the confidence to walk without any make-up on too.
39. In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I personally love Revlon,L’Oreal and Colorbar. I am yet to try out more expensive make-up brands. My opinion might change after that! :)
40. What do you think of makeup?
Make-up is great to enhance natural beauty, but one shouldn’t become a slave to it. Every girl is beautiful in her own way.
This is the end of my 40 Beauty Question tag and I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I would love it if you do this tag post too and don’t forget to let me know if you do! It would be great to read all your answers! :)
Have a great day and thank you for being such lovely readers! :)